This section provides you with summary information regarding research projects that are currently underway.
A number of other projects are in development and details will appear here in due course. Please see our ‘Invitations to Tender’ for opportunities to undertake work for the Commission.
Please note – the above are the working titles of ongoing projects and are subject to change prior to publication.
Aim: To provide an up-to-date evidence base alongside identification of new, emerging and/or persistent key inequalities in employment and non-employment in Northern Ireland for each of the nine equality grounds.
The key objectives are summarised as follows:
- To provide a comprehensive and updated picture of patterns and trends in employment and non-employment in Northern Ireland, establishing any key inequalities (data permitting) evident in Northern Ireland for each equality ground identified by Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
- To acquire an overview of potential barriers and enablers to labour market participation (entry, retention and progression), including an assessment of any changing dynamics (e.g. the effect of the economic downturn) for each equality ground.
- Involvement of relevant stakeholders via an expert seminar to explore and refine emerging draft findings of the research, with a view to informing the final report and associated recommendations.
- To provide a distillation from all of the above, of the most substantive / overarching key employment inequalities / dynamics (across all equality grounds) in Northern Ireland.
- To provide a summary of any relevant wider observations noted during the project - including any views regarding data; analysis or policy relevant issues that emerge through the course of the research.
Employment Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University.
Time Line: June 2013
If you require further information regarding this work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to speak with the researchers at Employment Research Institute, please contact: R.McQuaid@napier.ac.uk